Public records office, London, England:
- WO172/175 : Fixed Defences, Malaya
- coastal defence reconnaissance reports. 15 November 1924
- History of Singapore Base 1931
- Report on the defences of Singapore and Penang 1935
- WO32/4183 : Defences of SIngapore - 1936
- Singapore: Admiralty Chart showing proposed defences 1936
- OVERSEAS: Straits Settlements: Defences of Singapore 1936-1941
- 1st Mysore Infantry, Malaya.- 1940 February
- Fixed Defences 1939 Sept.- 1940 July, Sept.- Dec
- WO106/2499 : Malaya Beach defences 1940-1941
- China station colonial intelligence report, Vol3 June, 1941
- WO172/176 : H.Q, Fixed Defences 1941
- Singapore: high explosives for coast artillery and guns 1942
- Fixed Defences 1940 Jan.- 1942 Feb.
- Malaya Coast Artillery 1937 Oct.- 1942 Oct.
- W0252/1362 : Supplement on Defences, SIngapore island &
- Colonel F.W.Rice, Singapore And Penang Coast Artillery. 1946
United States archives:
- Report on installations and captured weapons, Java and Singapore
- Hedley, John. The last days of freedom, Singapore to Sumatra
February 15th - Match 17th 1942: Self published
- Hack, Karl and Kevin Blackburn. Did Singapore have to fall?,
London: RoutledgeCurzon, 2005
- Ong, Chit Chung. Operation Matador, Singapore: Time Media, 1997.
- Yap, Siang Yong, et al. Fortress Singapore, The Battlefield
Guide, Singapore: Times Edition, 2005.
- Warren, Alan. Singapore 1942, Britains Greatest Defeat, Singapore:
- Maurice-Jones, Kenneth Wyn. The History of Coast Artillery in
the British Army, Royal Artillery institution, 1959.
Correspondence / Interviewed:
- Hedley, John. (Fmr 2nd Lt, Johore Volunteer Engineers) - Interviewed:
Nov 2006, Sept 2007
- Hamid, Lt Kol Mohd Radzi. Kindly supplied short writeup &
layout maps from his book, Jejak-Jejak Jepun di Tanah Melayu dan
- http://www.info.dfat.gov.au, Historical Publications - Department
of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Vol. 18 - 89. 1928
- 2nd Gordon highlanders, http://www.cofepow.org.uk/pages/armedforces_r_2nd%20Gordons.htm
- Royal Artillery Coast Regiments, http://www.ra39-45.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/coastidx/index.html
- Malayan Emergency, "Tanjong-Pen Gelik" http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Borneo/air-war.html
- Lt Adnan Masih Hidup, http://www.geocities.com/radzi5058/